Arthritis, Rheumatism & Joint Pain
Cold treatment has been used to treat rheumatic disorders for many years helping patients to find relief from pain and improve joint mobility. The Hilotherm HTP1 device offers an effective, natural and convenient solution for those that suffer from arthritis, rheumatism and other persistent joint issues using a precision temperature controlled treatment applied directly to the area needing treatment.
How is Hilotherapy different?
- The Hilotherapy HTP1 device is a small, portable machine which cools water to a specific temperature then pumps that water through an anatomically-fitted cuff specific to the part of the body needing treatment.
- Treatment available for knee, ankle, hands, feet, shoulder and more.
- The constant cold blocks pain receptors, reducing pain intensity and the need for painkillers.
- The local tissue is cooled, reducing blood flow and metabolism in the treated area. These changes have the effect of relieving inflammation and swelling and improving joint mobility.
- Lymphatic drainage and cytokine balance are also boosted. Cytokines play an important role in controlling the immune system and those with rheumatoid arthritis often have an imbalance in pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines.
- The temperature is adjustable between 15ºC – 22ºC therefore avoiding any negative side effects of freezing temperatures whilst providing maximum benefit.
- Temperature can be adjusted to suit individual needs.
- Reduced pain, improved joint mobility, direct application to the required area, flexibility in length and temperature of treatment all offer an enhanced quality of life.
Hilotherm devices are available for rental on a weekly basis with online booking. To purchase equipment please contact us directly for more information & click the blue button to rent a device.
★★★★★ Rita Chawla
Would 100% recommend. I recently underwent major surgery and my husband hired a machine for my recovery. The machine controlled the swelling and pain and worked wonders through my sleepless nights. Ice packs just didn’t cut it for me as I could only get around 20 mins of use at a time with ice packs.
Thank you for assisting in my speedy recovery.
★★★★★ Lara McCarthy
My daughter used for a week after upper and lower jaw surgery. It meant that she could snooze during the day and at night with a ‘cool face’. Service was exceptional. Really useful advice given.
★★★★★ Kareen Taylor
I must say that the Hilotherapy machine is worth every penny. I came out with no bruising and very little swelling after having double jaw surgery. It really helped in keeping my face cool and virtually pain-free. I would recommend this equipment to anyone and, in fact, have already recommended it to friends about to go for ankle and knee surgery. I would also say that for anyone suffering from migraines this is a fantastic piece of machinery that really helps with the pain.
★★★★★ Rosalind King
We found the whole process of ordering the Hilotherapy device very straightforward and quick, and Martha certainly found that the unit helped with the post-operative swelling and discomfort. We would definitely recommend it to other people going through the same operation.